A NEW ZEALAND HERO
WALT research & summarise information
Choose a New Zealand hero / heroine. Take your time and choose one that is right for you...
My hero is Waimarama Taumaunu
Compulsory Tasks 1 - 3
- Complete the following characteristics table for your hero:
Place of birth
Waipawa, New Zealand
Date of birth
18 October 1962 (age 52)
Beginning in the national netball team and beginning the captain
How I know about this person.
Because I love netball and I see she is the silver ferns coach
Coaching - Playing netball
Centre because she is used to shooting
George Metuarau, and their children Tuakana, Tanara and Tiana
Marare: Whangara-mai-tawhiti (Gisborne)
Why I chose this person.
Because I love netball and she used to be really good netball player. I wanted to do a old netball player because not many people know her
Something I would like to know about this person.
How long she played netball for before she retired?
- Choose five adjectives which describe your NZ hero. Present them as word art.
- Design a poster for a movie about your hero. This can be digital or non-digital. Make it effective and persuasive so people would want to see the movie.
Choose two out of Task 4, Task 5, Task 6 and Task 7
- Write a report about your New Zealand hero. It should include an introduction, paragraphs with important information and a conclusion. It is to go into a book for school children about famous New Zealanders who inspire others.
- Draw a pencil sketch of your New Zealand hero. This should be A4 size.
- Create a trailer, one minute movie or animation about your hero. You may want to borrow an iPad.
Note: put any work for these learning tasks in your Topic book. If it is digital - your teacher will print a screenshot for you.
Here is the poster I created for Waimarama Taumaunu