Friday, May 01, 2015

Persuasive writing

This week for writing I went to Persuasive writing with Miss Plimmer. We were writing to the Editor in the new paper. I was complaining that in New Zealand we should have a children's day and we celebrate it.


Dear Editor,


Do you ever have a day where you celebrate your child’s life? I think we should. Children are so special to everyone lives. Parents get presents on their birthdays and Mother’s Day or Father’s Day. Children only get presents on their birthdays and Christmas. It is not fair. Kids should have a day in the year when they get presents from their parents and everyone gets the day off work and school.  You will be able to celebrate good things that have happened in the year.  It would be a good chance  to spend time with your family. It would even be a good day to get outside.  It should be a day that we celebrate.

Yours truly
Sophia Langford

5 comments:

  1. I love your writing. It defenty made me want a childrens day. I agree with you I really want a childrens day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome writing Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sophia.
    That is a good idea to celebrate children's day.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thinking Sophia you got wonderful vocabulary in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sophia I think kids should get a day off to spend with there family. Your writing sound so amazing

    ReplyDelete