Friday, February 13, 2015

Weetbix tryathlon

download.jpg


Sitting on the cold dark concrete chipped seats at the Frimley pools on a cold freezing day in Hastings.  We are watching the 10 year old boys at 10:00am swimming their 2 lengths for the weetbix tryathlon.  I am so nervous but I don't have as many butterflies as usual.  The lady called us up. She asked us to slide in the water. Brr! The water was freezing but I got used to it quickly.  3 2 1 Bang! We all started swimming as fast as we could. I was up the front with Kiana and this other girl.  I ran to transition and got sorted. Then I was on my bike leg.  I went fast as I could. My legs were a bit sore but I kept on going around the cone I go.  Finally I am on the last bit, the run. It is not my favourite! I ran through the the rose garden. There was so many pretty roses but I did not want to get distracted so I keep on running. Guess what? I caught up to Hugh huffing and puffing really loud and I said “Hi Hugh.” He said “Hi” and so we ended up running together but at the finish line, I ran as fast as I could and I passed him and I got Alison Shanks to put my medal on. I was so proud of myself because I was the 2rd 10 year old girl back.  I waited for Kiana to come so we could have a photo together.  What a awesome day it was at the Weet bix tryathlon.               

3 comments:

  1. was it fun at the tryathlon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sophie.
    Sounds like you did well.
    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done Sophia
    I hope you had a great Time there because Its sounds Like lots Of Fun

    ReplyDelete