Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Maths graphs and statements

This is my first maths blog post I have done for my term 3 blog posts.  This maths task I have done at extension maths with Miss Hill and some other kids.  I have learnt so many things to do with maths throughout the week.  I learnt how to do statements and some other graphs I have never seen before.  I found the first one quite hard but when I had finished that the second one was quite easy.  Have a look at my work below and please comment.

This is my first graph it is about the ANZ netball champs
download.jpg







WALT use graphs and statements

This week at maths we were doing a task about either netball or Rugby.  I choose netball because there are 2 teams and it would be a bit easier to do. We had to collected the data from the sheet and write in down on the big bit of paper.  After that we had to add up the totals from both countries then we could do our graph.  I choose to do a bar graph. My graph had a title and key and on the key was what colours are representing each country and the squiggly line at the bottom.  The line means that each gap is different in between.  The numbers go up in tens but not in the squiggly line.  After completing the graph we had to do the statements. On a bit of paper there were questions that we had to find out.  Kyra and I got all of them but we could not do two because they were a bit hard.  I found the task challenging but fun.
IMG_1852.JPG
This is my second one about the Rugby
This week we have been learning about graphs and statements.  The other day I done one about netball and the totals. But this week I done it about Rugby and the wins, loses and draws.  I found it a bit easier this week because I had a picture in my head of what we were meant to do.  The hardest bit for me was the statements.  There were a few I could do but some I could not do. At extension maths we have been having little workshops about statements, how to draw a graph, the title and the percentages.   


No comments:

Post a Comment